TYPE OF WORK DESIRED:TOURING
TEACHING MUSIC LESSONS
CHART READING/WRITING SKILLS :
HOME STUDIO :Home Studio:
ADDITIONAL SKILLS :Additional Skiills:
Interested in work for live shows, recordings, and tours.
Web Links :
Resume / Bio:
Emanuel M. Burks
Mobile Phone: 716.292.6041
Trumpet | Performance | Jazz | Classical | Theory | History | Production | Composition | Orchestration
Reliable, energetic and resourceful music professional with over five years of experience educating students and music education optimization. Ability to cultivate success in students, while maintaining enthusiasm in the classroom. Expertise in trumpet, performance, Jazz, theory, history, production, composition and orchestration.
● Rockwood Music Hall, NYC - Russell Hall feat. Bessie and the Rainbowkids (Jan. 2020)
● Love Supreme School of Music, Buffalo, NY - Trumpet Instructor, (Nov. 2019 – May 2020)
● Silver Arrow Band Member, Boston, MA - Wedding Music Performer, (Apr. 2019 - Oct. 2020)
● Mix One Studios, Boston, MA - Assistant Audio Engineer Intern, (Jan. 2019 – May 2019)
● Buffalo Music Hall of Fame, Buffalo, NY - Performance feat. Cynthia Moore (Oct. 2019)
● Berklee 2018 Commencement Concert, Boston, MA - Performed w/Esperanza Spalding, Rosanne Cash, and Nile Rodgers: (May 2018)
● Schullers Jazz Club, Boston, MA - Dr. Bill Bandfield’s Imagine Orchestra feat. Regina Carter and Rachael Z (Feb. 2018)
● Northeastern University, Boston, MA - w/Student Gospel Choir (2017-2018)
● Black Music Matters, Boston, MA - feat. Stockley Williams, Morris Hayes, Patrice Rushen
and Terri Lyne Carrington (Mar. 2017)
● Bridge the Gap Freshman Mixer at Ipswich Room w/Brandon Diaz “N Soul (Feb. 2016)
● German-American Conference at Harvard, Cambridge, MA - w/Julian Mohering (Oct. 2015)
● Festivals: Pine Grille Reunion Jazz; Queen City Jazz; CMC Jazz; Pappy Martin Legacy Masten Jazz Festival; The Rochester International Jazz; Beantown Jazz. (2010-2019)
● Jazz Congress Jam Session [NYC] (Jan. 2020)
● Berklee Caf Show, Chunka Amarè Khan Presents Black Matter: Jazz unMastered (Mar.
2017); Visions (Mar. 2018)
● Musical Theatre Orchestra Selections from: King and I, Phantom of the Opera, The Music
Man (Aug. 2017)
● BPC show (Tribute to Phil Wilson) with Rainbow Big Band (Featuring Phil Wilson, Tia Fuller,
and Sean Jones) (Feb. 2017)
● Berklee Caf Show w/Brandon Diaz ‘N Soul (Dec. 2016)
● Danny Mo and Friends David Friend Recital Hall (Nov. 2015)
● Played with Tomoki Sanders, Brian Blade, John Patittuci, and Danilo Pérez at BGJI Zero
Gravity Room (Nov. 2015)
● Marcus Lolo’s single Lafimen [Latin Jazz] (Dec. 2020)
● Second Album Visions by Chunka Amarè Khan [Jazz/Hip-Hop] (Jan. 2019)
● Animal Instincts EP w/Pangea [Fusion] (Feb. 2019)
● Berklee Video Lift Every Voice - We Are the Future Project [Choir and Big Band] (Feb. 2017)
● Debut Album Black Matter: Jazz unMastered by Chunka Amarè Khan [Jazz/Hip-Hop] (Jan. 2017)
● Brandon Diaz ‘N Soul Debut Album Love ‘N Confusion [R&B/Soul] (Sep. 2016)
● Danny Nagy's Big Stenk Band for Jazz Revelation Records [Funk/Fusion Big Band] (Nov. 2015)
● Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Microsoft Windows 10 and Mac OS X; Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
● Professional Digital Audio Workstation Softwares (DAWs): Pro Tools, Ableton, Logic, Reason, Finale, Sibelius, Native Instruments, Garage Band, Waves, Vienna Strings.
● Music Production: Recording, Arranging, Editing, Mixing & Mastering.
● Excellent communication skills with a focus on team-building and customer relations.
● Outstanding organizational, multitasking, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
HIGHLIGHTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
● Winner of the Berklee Café 939 Battle of the Bands w/Common ¢ents (Apr. 2017)
● Winner of the Zumix Battle of the Bands with Pangea (Oct. 2016)
● Full-Tuition Scholarship to Berklee College of Music (Aug. 2015)
● Louis Armstrong Jazz Award (May 2014)
● National Association for Music Education (NAfME) All-National Honor Jazz Ensemble (Oct. 2013)
● New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) Jazz Ensemble (Dec. 2012 & Mar. 2013)
● Erie County Music Educators Association (ECMEA) Jazz & Classical Orchestras (2011-2013)
● University at Buffalo - Buffalo, NY
Masters of Music – Trumpet Performance, (May 2021)
● Berklee College of Music - Boston, MA
Bachelor of Music – Contemporary Writing & Production; Africana Studies Minor, (May 2018)
● Eastman School of Music - Rochester, NY
Bachelor of Music (Pursued) – Jazz Studies, (Aug. 2014 -May 2015)